Saturday, March 28, 2009

birds of east anglia







One of the first things that caught my eye as I was driving around the backroads of my new Apartment were the neat birds around. i have attached some pictures. The pheasants are really pretty and there are peacocks just walking around as well. Everything is so green out here. I guess the price for all this green is the rain it takes. It seems like everywhere I have lived, the locals say "if you dont' like the weather, wait 10 minutes". I figured that was just the way the world was. But out here they probably say "wait 2 minutes". I was running yesterday becasue i saw a glint of sunlight shining through. I got about a mile out and i kid you not, while the sun was still shining on my face i was pelted with little pea sized hail. Don't even bother getting your car washed. I counted 6 waves of rain/sun the other day. all within abotu 2 hours.

As for my job, i have completed all the computer training and 2 of the 3 sims. my last sim is going to be monday morning then i will probably fly later next week. I half of my goods have arrived as well as the bed and table i bought have already arrived. I have spent this weekend cleaning and preparing my place for the rest of my household items. I like my apartment for the most part. it is very modern and all the appliances are included. The down side is that i am on the top floor and anyone taller than me wont' stand a chance maneuvering past the beams of the celing. i have even bumped my head a couple times doing laundry. I guess that will deter them from drinking to much at my place.

Dont' take for granted how easy stuff in america is. I guess it is the greed of our business, but it takes weeks to set up any phone/tv/internet. I remember having everything within a couple days (if not that day) of the first phone call to the services at all the places i have lived. i ordered vonage as well, so there will be an american numbe for you all to call for free. neat huh!

That is all i have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment